- What is included in the March to Get Screened 5k registration fee?
Registration fee for March to Get Screened 5k includes:
1. March To Get Screened 5k Medal
2. MTGS 2020 T-shirt
3. MTGS Blue Race Bag packed with goodies
4. Timed Race bib
5. Access to drinks at the MTGS Celebration for those over 21
- What is included in the March to Get Screened 1 Mile Fun Run registration fee?
Registration fee for 1 Mile Fun Run includes:
1. MTGS 2020 T-shirt
2. MTGS Blue Race Bag packed with goodies
3. Race bib
4. Race medal
- How do I know if I'm registered?Once registration has been processed, you will receive an email confirmation that will serve as your only confirmation of registration. To request another registration confirmation, please email: MTGS@BorlandGroover.com
- If I cannot attend Packet Pickup, can I get my race bib on day of event?Yes, packets will be available for pick up the day of the event.
- If unable to do the race I signed up for, can I give someone else my number to race for me?No, race entries are non-transferrable due to insurance liability.
- If I can’t attend the race Packet Pickup, can my race packet be mailed to me?
No, however we will have multiple Pickup days and locations for your convenience. You can also get your packet the day of the race. Please arrive early to ensure you start your race on time if you decide to wait until race day to pickup your race packet. PLEASE NOTE: By registering the day of the race, you may not receive a T-shirt and race bag as they are pre-ordered. Please register in advance to secure your T-shirt and race bag.
- Can my race registration be refunded?No Refunds are offered as participant items are prepared over 6 months in advance and your custom registration is processed as soon as you register. However, email us after March 30, 2020 and let us know that you did not pickup up your items at Packet Pickup or any other finisher item and you can pay to have them shipped to you post-race.
- If I am injured, pregnant or no longer able to attend the event, can I get a refund?Unfortunately, no refunds are offered for this event. All proceeds go towards Colon Cancer Awareness through the BGC Foundation for Research and Education
- Are their gender specific sizes for the participant shirts?MTGS T-shirts are Unisex – Adult sizes in XSmall, Small, Medium, Large, XLarge, 2XLarge, 3XLarge
- What forms of payment are accepted for race registration?Online payment, Credit Cards, Debit cards, Cash and Check (checks made payable to BGC Foundation for Research and Education)
- Registration is closed; can I register on race day?Yes! Supplies are limited so you may not receive the same as individuals that pre-register.
- What is the minimum age for the March to Get Screened 5K?5K Race is open for all ages.
- What is the minimum age for the March to Get Screened 1 Mile Fun run?1 Mile Fun Run is open for all ages.
- Can we have a stroller in the run?Yes, we encourage you to bring all of your family, March to Get Screened is an extremely family friendly event. There are many parents who bring strollers.
- Are pets allowed?Yes, pets are allowed (with a leash on). If you bring your pets, please only do so if they are harmless and will not bite or hurt someone else.
The March to Get Screened Event:
- Will there be a race briefing before the race starts?Yes. Important last minute information will be relayed to everyone at the race start. Please review the 5k course layout here.Please be at the start line no later than 30min before the race starts (8:30am). Please find the 1 mile fun run or walk course layout here. Arrive early to find parking close to the run site.
- What are the hours of the Event?MTGS Race Registration – 7:30am
5k Race – 8:30am
- Where do I pick up my race packet?
You must pick up your packet at a 1st Place Sports location of your choice.
- Tapestry Park: 9823 Tapestry Park Circle, Jacksonville, FL 32246
- Baymeadows: 3931 Baymeadows Rd. Jacksonville, FL 32217
- San Marco: 2018 San Marco Blvd. Jacksonville, FL 32207
- Jacksonville Beach: 424 S. 3rd Street, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
Packet Pick up dates/times:
Thursday, March 26, 2020: 11am-6pm
Friday, March 27, 2020: 11am-6pm
Saturday, March 28, 2020: 8:30am-11am
- Where are the water stations on the run course?Water stations are at the start line, the turnaround point, and the finish line
- What is the address of the Start Line? At the Riverside Arts Market – under the bridge. 715 Riverside Avenue, Jacksonville, FL 32204
March to Get Screened 5k & 1 Mile Fun Run:
- Are costumes allowed on the course?Yes! March to Get Screened gets BLUE! We encourage all to face-paint, wear tutus, blue wigs, blue body suits, etc. Get creative! Get Blue!
- I left a message or sent an email and haven’t heard back from you. What should I do?Please email us at MTGS@BorlandGroover.com and follow up. You can also contact us via phone at 904-265-6416.
- Will the race be canceled/postponed due to weather?March to Get Screened races and events will be held rain or shine. If there is lightning in the area, the race will either have a delayed start or, depending on the intensity of the weather, be cancelled.
- Is there a pacing requirement for the race?Yes. Please stay in your pace sections that will be marked at the start. Slower runners to the rear, walkers to the very rear.
- Is this race walker friendly?Yes, March to Get Screened races are walker friendly.
- Where will we receive our race medal?
- Race medals will be handed out at the finish line by our volunteers
- Awards will be presented after all runners/walkers complete the course
- What is the best way to contact the March to Get Screened Team?
The best way to contact March to Get Screened Team is via email.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where will top placing awards be distributed:On stage located under the Riverside Arts Market Bridge.
- What time does the awards ceremony begin?The awards ceremony starts at 10:30am
- What age categories will be awarded?Top 3 Overall male and female
Male & female Age Group awards for the top 3 finishers in each age group as follows:
10 and under
80 & Over
- Can I bring food, coolers, or grills?Participants are not allowed to bring outside food, coolers or grills.
- Can I bring a backpack?Participants can bring backpacks, however they should be mesh or plastic.
- Can I bring pocketknives or a weapon?Weapons are not allowed and security will be guarding the premises.
If you have questions, please contact our MTGS Team at MTGS@BorlandGroover.com