Find race results for March to Get Screened 2021 at 1stplacesports.com
SAVE THE DATE!
The 13th Annual March to Get Screened 5k will be held on Sunday, March 27, 2022
Proudly presented by Borland Groover, the March To Get Screened (MTGS) mission is to raise awareness to colon cancer. All proceeds from MTGS benefit the Borland Groover Foundation for Research and Education.
Through the BG Foundation we are able to raise awareness about the importance of screening for colon cancer, provide free colon screenings to patients who may not have the financial means to have one, and provide financial assistance to patients newly diagnosed with colon cancer.
When you participate in MTGS you help the North East Florida community inch one step closer to ending colon cancer and support patients in need in our community.
Get Blue. Run, Walk, March or Roll with us!
Let’s END Colon Cancer!What does the Borland Groover Foundation for Research and Education provide to the community?
- Education and awareness on the importance of screening for colon cancer
- Raises awareness to the ability of Borland Groover to provide free colonoscopy procedures to patients who qualify through our BG Cares Charity Program.
- Financial assistance for patients newly diagnosed with colon cancer which pays towards their medical bills
- Education on digestive health
- Early stages of colon cancer usually present with no symptoms
- Everybody 45 + should get screened for colon cancer
- A colonoscopy is the only test that can detect AND prevent colon cancer
- If you have a change in bowel habits, have a history of polyps or colorectal cancer or have a first-degree relative with polyps or colorectal cancer – talk to your physician. Find out if you should be screened for colon cancer before the age of 45.